Who Can Apply to the MMUF SRTP at UChicago?
To apply to the UChicago MMUF-SRTP, you must already be admitted to the MMUF program at your home institution. Students applying from other MMUF programs, whether rising juniors or rising seniors, are welcome. To indicate interest and/or receive updates related to the application or the summer program, please do so via this form.
Note for UChicago Fellows: If you have been admitted already to the MMUF Program at UChicago, no additional application to the SRTP is required.
Deadline: March 30th, 2024
Please note that March 15th is the preferred deadline, but UChicago MMUF will accept applications until March 30th. If this latter deadline has passed but you would like to know if there are extra seats available, please email us at SRTPatUChicago@gmail.com.
Please note that all applicants are required to have a faculty recommendation and a recommendation from a community member who can speak on the applicant’s leadership style (e.g dormitory director, religious community leader, or a community service organization director.) More information on the Slideroom application, below.
Program Participation Information
- Participants will not be charged fees or tuition. Participation in the 2024 Summer Research Training Program is free for all Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellows.
- Participants will be responsible for costs associated with transportation to and from Chicago. This includes airfare, bus fare, and other transportation cost associated with moving into and out of program-affiliated housing.
- Participants will receive a stipend, dining plan, dormitory housing, and the resources necessary to complete their coursework over the duration of the program.
- Students earn an official transcript for two UChicago credit-bearing courses, Writing for Research and Engaged Scholarship.
Immunization Requirements (Admitted Students Only)
If admitted, students generally must submit documentation of their immunizations as mandated by Illinois State law.
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- Meningococcal (for students entering the University under the age of 22)
Our staff will notify all new students of the immunization requirement and provide instructions for compliance. Please do not send sensitive information such as medical records until asked. Students may request an exemption from the University and State of Illinois immunization requirements for medical reasons (as attested by your healthcare provider) and/or religious reasons (objection on religious grounds as set forth by your specific religious belief). Further information is available on the UChicago Student Wellness website. For updated information on the University’s COVID vaccine requirement visit the GoForward website.
Notification of Admission:
Typically, admission decisions are released within one month or less of application submission. We admit applicants on a rolling basis and typically offer admission within 2 to 5 days of application submission.