Thank you for your interest in our MMUF Summer Research Training Program.
- ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY: To apply to the University of Chicago's MMUF-Summer Research Training Program, you must be a current Mellon Mays Fellow at your undergraduate institution. If you are still in the process of applying to MMUF at your home institution, do not apply to this program UNTIL you have been admitted to the MMUF.
- QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROCESS? Please write to us at SRTPatUChicago@gmail.com We will send you more information.
- NOTE: UChicago students already admitted to the MMUF do not need to apply to the summer program separately.
Application & Recommendation DEADLINES:
- Rising Seniors' Applications: Due MARCH 30. Seats in this program fill very quickly. The sooner you apply, the greater your chance is that we will be able to offer you a seat in the program.
- Faculty Recommendations for Seniors: Due by April 7. We will be launching a new application program shortly through Slideroom. Applicants will be able to send their recommenders direct email links where they can upload their letters for you.
- Notification to Seniors: by April 7, likely sooner.
- Rising Juniors' Applications: Due April 20. Since you were admitted only recently to the MMUF, because seats fill very quickly, we would like you to apply no later than APRIL 20. If the admission process to the MMUF at your school goes beyond our deadline, then please contact us directly to see if seats are still available at SRTPatUChicago@gmail.com. Again, seats in this program fill very quickly. The sooner you can submit your application, the greater chance there will be that we can offer you a spot in the program.
- Faculty Recommendations for Juniors: NO formal faculty letter is required, but we may send your faculty mentor a quick form to complete about you.
- Notification to Juniors: May 1, or very soon thereafter.
- PROGRAM DATES for the MMUF-SRTP:
- Start Date: JUNE 12, 2017
- End Date: AUGUST 12, 2017 (Before you depart, you must submit final revisions of your research project.)
HOW MANY SEATS ARE THERE IN THE PROGRAM? We make admissions decisions on a rolling basis. Consequently, the sooner you submit your application, the greater chance there is that we will be able to secure a seat for you. On average, we can admit 40 visiting fellows.
Please fill out the following contact information to continue on to the main MMUF-SRTP application.