- Academic Promise
- Interest in pursuing an academic career in an MMUF-designated field of study.
- Potential for serving as a mentor and teacher to a wide variety of students.
- Race and ethnicity (in relation to under-representation in designated fields of study).
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented minorities, breaking down stereotypes, increasing cross-racial and ethnic understanding and a commitment to enabling others to better understand persons of different races and ethnicities.
- Commitment to participating fully in all aspects of the MMUF program, including attendance at conferences and meetings.
Please note that there is no minimum GPA required to be considered. At the same time, please note that financial need is not one of the criteria considered when making a decision about who we admit to the program.